Jen PatonCulture Lust Intern
MORE STORIES BY THIS AUTHOR
From lounge singing to Latin American film to fashion shows and horror festivals, there's plenty of culture that's lustworthy this week.
A beer fest in Del Mar, a music festival along the 101, and Fitz and the Tantrums play the Casbah. There's a little something for everyone this weekend in San Diego.
The voters have spoken! The next One Book, One San Diego selection is "The Gangster We Are All Looking For" by Vietnamese American lê thi diem thúy.
Local filmmaker Megan O'Connor serves up a moment of introspection with Terry Allan's "Trees" sculpture at UCSD, and previews her upcoming podcast series on UCSD's Stuart Collection.
Is it possible that UCSD's Geisel Library was the inspiration for a snow fortress in Christopher Nolan's latest film "Inception?" We explore the Geisel Library's history of film and TV appearances.
Whether you're a classical music aficionado or casual enthusiast, we have a handy cheat sheet related to the La Jolla Music Society's SummerFest concert series, running through the month of August. Culture Lust contributor Jen Paton assembles the fun facts.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Newest crematorium in San Diego County caters to witness cremations
- SDSU Men's Basketball leaves for Sweet 16 with 'toughness and grit'
- Some residents at Vista mobile home park still unable to return
- U.S. launches airstrikes in Syria after suspected Iranian drone kills a U.S. worker
- 3 reasons why California's drought isn't really over, despite all the rain