GREAT DECISIONS IN FOREIGN POLICY: Made In China
Thursday, Aug. 12, 2021 at 11:30 p.m. on KPBS TV / Available on Vimeo On Demand
China has launched an aggressive new plan to transform its economy into a high-tech global powerhouse. But the initiative has the U.S. and a host of other nations crying foul, accusing China of disregard for intellectual property, unfair trade practices, discrimination against foreign firms, and cyber espionage.“Made in China” is next on GREAT DECISIONS. Narrated by David Strathair.
- Amb. David Adelman- U.S. Ambassador to Singapore (2010-2013)
- Edward Alden, Senior Fellow- Council on Foreign Relations
- Richard Andres, Professor of National Security Strategy- National War College
- Michael Daniel, President Cyber Threat Alliance- National Security Council Cyber security Coordinator (2012-2017)
- Sean Ding, Co-Founder and CEO- GRisk
- Arthur Dong, Professor, Mcdonough School of Business- George Town University
- John Frisbie, President, U.S.-China Business Council
- Rep. Denny Heck- the United States Representative for Washington’s 10th congressional district (D)
- Aynne Kokas, Fellow- The Wilson Center
- Charles McGonigal, Special Agent-in-Charge Counterintelligence- FBI New York
- Stephen Moore, Distinguished Visiting Fellow- Heritage Foundation
- Sen. Chris Murphy- United States Senator from Connecticut (D)
- Rep. Robert Pittenger- the U.S. Representative for North Carolina’s 9th congressional district (R)
- Daniel Price- Deputy National Security Adviser for International Economic Affairs (2007-2009)
- Sen. James Risch- United States Senator from Idaho (R)
- Adam Segal, Director, Digital and Cyberspace Policy Program- Council on Foreign Relations
- Minyuan Zhao, Associate Professor of Management- The Wharton School
About The Series:
GREAT DECISIONS is America's largest discussion program on world affairs. The program model involves reading the GREAT DECISIONS Briefing Book, watching the DVD and meeting in a discussion group to discuss the most critical global issues facing America today. Here are some resources for bringing your discussion groups online.
Foreign Policy Association is on Facebook.