One youth center is reconnecting Native Americans, both young and old, with their ancestral heritage.
The Ramona Outdoor Play tells a story of love and bigotry in early California.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians will not renew its gaming compact with the state.
President Joe Biden is pledging to give Native Americans a stronger voice in federal affairs.
San Diego tribes celebrate National Indigenous Peoples Day with commemoration and performance.
California officially marks Indigenous People's Day for the fourth time since its official designation in 2019.
Students at Valley Center Middle School performed Native American dances on Thursday in celebration of California Native American Day.
It's funded by a $1 million federal grant aimed in part at tackling the pandemic's economic impact.
Erica M. Pinto, chairwoman of The Jamul Indian Village of California, was appointed to serve on the Department of Interior's Secretary's Tribal Advisory Committee by Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland, it was announced Tuesday.
All nine University of California campuses will offer free tuition to Native Americans.
Sign up for our newsletters!
Keep up with all the latest news, arts and culture, and TV highlights from KPBS.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Biden and McCarthy reach a deal to avoid default. Here's what's in it
- 2 more Oath Keepers are sentenced to prison terms for the Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- Doc Todd, a rapper who helped other veterans feel 'Not Alone,' dies at 38
- 3 killed in a shootout at a New Mexico motorcycle rally were rival biker gang members
- For Black drivers, a police officer's first 45 words are a portent of what's to come