The San Diego Tourism Authority announced their second Tourism Accelerator cohort that includes 10 locally-owned minority businesses.
The one exception is Mission Beach, which has a separate cap for licenses.
Wednesday is the deadline to apply for whole-home, short-term rental (STR) licenses in the city of San Diego.
Beginning Monday at noon, operators of short-term rental properties in the city of San Diego can apply for a license to offer stays of less than a month.
Ocean Beach may soon be torn down and fully rebuilt, at a cost of tens of millions of dollars.
Some are excited about the billion-dollar Gaylord Pacific Resort and Convention Center but others worry about overcrowding and increased crime.
Princess Cruises has canceled nearly a dozen roundtrip cruises in and out of San Diego.
Ground was broken Wednesday on a major project on the Chula Vista bayfront.
Roughly 600 workers walked off the job after negotiations between the workers' union and hotel broke off Tuesday.
Unite Here Local 30 has called for a walkout following negotiations with Hilton San Diego Bayfront Tuesday night.
Sign up for our newsletters!
Keep up with all the latest news, arts and culture, and TV highlights from KPBS.
LATEST IN PODCASTS
LATEST IN EVENTS
LATEST IN TV HIGHLIGHTS
- Supervisor Fletcher resigns following sexual harassment lawsuit
- These are the states with the highest and lowest tax burdens, a report says
- Oceanside declares local emergency as storm repairs add up
- UCSD scientists: Raccoon dog is prime suspect in COVID pandemic
- A train carrying ethanol derails and catches fire in Minnesota, forcing evacuations